Welcome to Sunset Cooperative Preschool!
Our mission is to provide a creative, inclusive and developmentally appropriate environment in which everyone is valued and accepted, while preparing children for a successful kindergarten experience.
Our curriculum provides access to a broad-range of activities that promote large and small motor skills, social skills, and intellectual and school-readiness skills. Each day our preschoolers choose from a variety of hands-on experiences:
- Free choice stations
- Hands-on math and science projects
- Integrated pre-reading and literacy activities
- Circle time with songs, stories and games
- Creative arts and crafts activities
- Music and movement
- Opportunities to learn and use appropriate social skills
A typical day at Sunset Cooperative Preschool:
- Focused Activity and Opening Circle
- Small Group
- Discovery Time
- Clean Up
- Snack all together
- Gathering and Outside Time (weather permitting)
- Closing Circle
- Good bye
We also go on several field trips and host special events for our families during the school year.
Registration for the 2016-17 school year will begin soon!
- Priority registration for alumni and other families already in the BC Parent Education program begins January 19.
- Open registration for everyone begins February 1.
Tuesday, January 26 from 12:30 – 2:00pm. You may bring your child! Come meet the teachers, see the classroom and playground, talk to parents who are part of our community now, and get all of your questions answered.
Contact our school’s registrar for enrollment, general information, or to request an observation appointment or facility tour. We have just a few remaining openings for the current 2015-16 school year. You may join any time as long as we have openings!
- Contact Lisa, our Registrar, at firstname.lastname@example.org with registration questions
- Send an email to the school at email@example.com
- School Phone: 206-554-9847
- Registration Forms: Download and mail to Registrar: 2015-2016 Registration