Our mission is to provide a creative, inclusive and developmentally appropriate environment in which everyone is valued and accepted, while preparing children for a successful kindergarten experience.
Our curriculum provides access to a broad range of activities that promote large and small motor skills, social skills, and intellectual and school-readiness skills. Each day our preschoolers choose from a variety of hands-on experiences:
- Free choice stations
- Hands-on math and science projects
- Integrated pre-reading and literacy activities
- Circle time with songs, stories, and games
- Creative arts and crafts activities
- Music and movement
- Opportunities to learn and use appropriate social skills
A typical day at Sunset Cooperative Preschool:
- Focused Activity and Opening Circle
- Discovery Time, including snack
- Clean Up
- Gathering and Outside Time (weather permitting)
- Closing Circle and good-bye
We also go on several field trips and host special events for our families during the school year.
Registration is now open for the 2017-18 school year!
Join us at our upcoming Open House event to see what we’re all about!
Tuesday, August 1st from 11:00 am – 12:00 noon
Meet our teachers and other parents. Check out the classroom and our large outdoor play area. Find out why our co-op might be just what you are looking for!
Contact our Registrar, at firstname.lastname@example.org with registration questions
- School Phone (new number): 206-946-2487
- Registration Form – Download and mail to Registrar: 2017-2018 Registration if you are ready to register for the upcoming school year