We are a cooperative preschool that is offered through Bellevue College’s Parent Education program. The preschool is staffed by a professional teacher, but we also recognize that parents are the primary educators of their children. Parental support and participation are an integral part of the success of a cooperative, so our program is structured for parents to assist the teacher in the classroom, and share responsibility in the daily work necessary to cultivate and operate an enriching learning environment for your child.
Cooperative preschool education encourages parents to share their interests and talents in the classroom, and on our Board of Directors or on a committee. Parents get involved by:
- Holding a Board or Committee position (Secretary, Field Trip Coordinator, etc…)
- Working about 2-3 times a month in the classroom (snack parent or teacher assistant)
- Working one time during the school year to participate in a set-up or cleaning day.
- Attending a mandatory Parent Education Class once a month.
- Helping with fundraiser activities.
Please view our overview page to get more details about our terrific school!
Though there is no religious affiliation, we are located within the Kennydale United Methodist Church facility, located at 3009 Park Ave. N., Renton, WA 98056
Sunset Cooperative Preschool is affiliated with Bellevue College, and parents of preschoolers are enrolled in a Bellevue College parent education class. These direct parental efforts and involvement make our cooperative a unique educational and affordable opportunity for both children and parents.