that parents are the primary educators of their children. Parental support and participation are an integral part of the success of a cooperative, so our program is structured for parents to assist the teachers in the classroom and share responsibility in the daily work necessary to cultivate and operate an enriching learning environment for your child.
Cooperative preschool education encourages parents to share their interests and talents in the classroom, on a Board of Directors, or on committees. Get involved:
- Hold a Board or Committee position (Secretary, Field Trip Coordinator, etc…)
- Work 1 to 2 times a month in the classroom (Snack parent or teacher assistant)
- Work 1 time during the school year to participate in a set-up or cleaning day.
- Attend a mandatory Parent Education Class once a month.
- Help with fundraiser activities.
Sunset Cooperative Preschool is affiliated with Bellevue College, and parents of preschoolers are enrolled in a Bellevue College parent education class. These direct parental efforts and involvement make our cooperative a unique educational opportunity for both children and parents.